We are proud to offer Brembo brake upgrades as part of our BBi StreetCup Track Package. As a longtime distributor & technical partner, we have used Brembo products exclusively on our both our customer and flagship project cars. We will be replacing the OEM brakes on this Porsche 991 GT3 RS with Brembo 2-Piece discs. With a wide range of pad & rotor options available, these upgrades offer improved performance, durability, and reduced operating costs over the both factory iron and PCCB brake systems. Fortunately, this car came with iron rotors from the factory so everything was direct swap without having to swap out yellow PCCB calipers.
- Brembo Front 2 pc Type 5 Brake Discs
- Brembo Rear 2 pc Type 3 Brake Discs
- Brembo Rear RE10 Endurance Brake Pads
For most track clients, Type V endurance discs are preferred to be used in the front to help get more life out of the front discs.
BENEFITS OF BREMBO 2-PIECE DISC UPGRADES:
OEM INTEGRATION: Brembo 2-piece disc upgrades are designed to work seamlessly with the OE calipers and systems (manufactured by Brembo for Porsche). This guarantees the utmost in safety and seamless fitment.
LIGHTWEIGHT: Disc assemblies include an outer iron disc with aluminum bell/hat and provide decreased corner weights to improve vehicle dynamics including handling, acceleration, and braking.
HIGH THERMAL CAPACITY: Greatly improved thermal capacity and heat management over OE discs and other aftermarket discs in the market. This also improves braking performance and allows for greater longevity of the components.
FRICTION MATERIALS: Everything we learn by supporting top professional racing teams throughout the world goes into selecting the best brake pad options for all levels of street, track and racing use.
911 GT3 Front “High Thermal” disc specifications:
- 380 x 34 disc – High Thermal
- Type III or Type V “Endurance” slot type available.
- 17 mm air-gap (narrow air-gap for the brake disc to have extra thermal capacity and durability under higher brake demand conditions)
- 72 vane ventilation
- 23 lbs – disc ring
- 24.5 lbs – complete 2-piece disc assembly
- Compatible with 911 Turbo (991) Models
911 GT3 Rear “High Thermal” disc specifications:
- 350 x 28 disc – High Thermal
- Type III slot type
- 16 mm air-gap
- 72 vane ventilation
- 14.5 lbs – disc ring.
- 16 lbs – complete 2-piece disc assembly
- Compatible with 911 GT3 and Turbo (997) Models
- Integrates into factory parking brake
Brake discs are one of the major brake tuning options which a professional race team has at their disposal at any typical race weekend. There are many subtle changes that can be made to a brake disc casting or configuration which can drastically influence braking characteristics
- Provides excellent level of frictional grip in cold temperatures or warm
- Lower operating temperatures greatly reduce fade that results from brake fluid reaching boiling temperature in the lines
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad have a corrosion-resistant finish
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Brembo HTC 64T can handle high temperatures without loss of pedal feel (independently proven low compressibility).
- Has been specifically formulated to provide the highest performance and consistency under all racing conditions.
- Has an extremely high dry boiling point
- The higher viscosity of this fluid delivers a “stiffer” pedal and provides stable performance under extreme temperatures (critical in professional motorsports)
- Boiling Point Dry: 335 C / 635 F