Complete Package includes:
- Aasco Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
- Pre-installed Sealed Pilot Bearing, Thrust Plate & Flywheel / Clutch Mounting Hardware
- Sachs Race Engineering Sport Pressure Plate & Torsion Sprung Hub Organic Disc
- Sachs Release Bearing
- Higher transmittable torque
- Higher burst number of revolutions
- Noticeable better dynamics through higher clamp load
- Less abrasion, much longer life span
- Start performance similar to OE
To truly get the most out of these drivetrain upgrades, we replaced the failing factory clutch slave with our BBi 996/997 Turbo GT2 Style Slave Cylinder Conversion Kit. The factory power-assisted clutch system has always been the Achilles heel for the Porsche 997 Turbo.
Utilizing the power steering system to help reduce the force needed to depress the clutch pedal, it is a flawed design that delivers a mushy pedal feel with poor feedback and is highly prone to failure. Our system addresses both of those issues by eliminating the problematic factory power-assist system for improved reliability and pedal feedback. Unlike other kits, our system is designed to be used with OEM clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack. This eliminates the need for additional parts, making our kit a complete plug and play solution.
The other kits on the market simply adapt factory 996 GT2 parts with aftermarket brackets and cap off the power steering pump with plugs. Our kit is our very own proprietary design and does not plug the power steering pump because the plugs can fail. Instead, the power steering fluid is routed through the unit to simulate the factory system. This is a must upgrade for the 996 and 997 Turbo to achieve the excellent pedal feedback and reliability similar to that of the Porsche 997 GT2 and GT3 without compromising drivability.
- Eliminates the problematic OEM power-assisted clutch slave cylinder for improved reliability
- Significantly improves the clutch feel and engagement
- Similar feel to the factory 996 GT2 conversion kit for excellent drivability
- Proprietary plug and play design
- Retains clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack
- Requires less installation time than other slave cylinder conversion kits
- Does not adversely affect clutch life
- Precision CNC machined and hard anodized aluminum construction
- Hard anodized 7075 aluminum piston
- Designed for Porsche 996 and 997 Turbo
The SACHS Performance clutch kit delivers more transmittable torque and more stability, longer life and superior thermal resistance. It also allows for faster and sportier gearshifts that make it extremely useful for spirited street tuning and at the track.The start performance is similar to your old original clutch kit (no "on-off" clutch), so this solution is also perfect for a daily driven car. Switching to a lightweight aluminum flywheel from Aasco Motorsports will quicken your throttle response and enhance the feel of your Porsche! These flywheels feature CAD-designed/CNC-machined construction out of 6061-T6 aluminum and a replaceable heat-treated steel friction surface. You can use it with a stock OEM clutch disk for normal street driving or upgrade to a more aggressive kit for the track. Aasco flywheels have been tested to withstand normal everyday use and do not require your ECU to be reprogrammed.
Worn Clutch & Flywheel Assembly